Maps I've made—all files KML (Google Earth) unless otherwise noted. There are a few errors, as sometimes routes get twisted during export.
Click the map icon to view the file in Google Maps.
- Unexpected Dirt Roads —dirt roads, mostly around the Bay Area; I haven't been on all these, so there could be errors and (hopefully) omissions
- Beej's Motorcycle Roads —every place I've ridden, excepting minor surface streets
- Lincoln Highway in California —my best estimate, anyway
- George A. Wyman's California route —again, my best estimate based on his description, historic topos, and other sources
- Ponderosa Way —tracing the route of the 800-mile-long firebreak constructed along the Sierra foothills in the 1930s
- Ways across the water —bridges in California; I made this to help find my way across the Sacramento River when out on the backroads
- Trans-Sierra dirt —one almost-all-dirt route across the northern Sierra
Maps of various rides I've taken
- Beej and Annie to Lava Beds National Monument
- Dev and Beej to Mount Diablo
- Out to the Delta
- Annie and Beej south of Hollister
- Annie and Beej to Petaluma
- Up north toward Clear Lake —for my birthday
- Delta and Lake Berryessa with Jason
- Road trip to Nevada City
- Annie and Beej to Monterey
- Annie and Beej on the Mount Hamilton loop —camping in the Delta
- Beej to Old Station —for dirt practice, and to see the annular eclipse!
- Ride up to Nevada City
- Annie and Beej to Woodland —one of our first rides